Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recent Thoughts on Worship

Play this song and read while it plays.


Psalm 100:1-5

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs. 

3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his
[a];
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name. 

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.

The first time I heard this song, it was actually in a recording of a worship song.  It wasn't sung, just spoken.

I always thought it was really powerful and really describes how I feel we should approach worship.

Worship should be joyful.

Worship should be about God, the creator of all of us.

Worship should be about giving thanks and praise to God.

Worship should be an outpour of your soul.  Your soul should overflow with worship to God.

Sometimes I think "I'm just not feeling worship" or "I don't like this band or this song."  That's wrong... it isn't about me at all... I'm not worshipping myself, I'm supposed to be worshipping and giving everything to God.

As believers, your worship experience shouldn't depend on your emotions and feelings.  It should depend on how much of yourself you're willing to give up, including what you think of the band or the song.  Put aside your thoughts on the music and do what you're there to do.

If you have the opportunity to worship God, why waste it?  Take every opportunity you have to worship God joyfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment