Friday, March 30, 2012

So far...

Two weeks into school, I feel like I've learned more than I have in my entire life.  For those who don't know, I'm taking classes through Liberty University Online for my Master's in Human Service: Marriage and Family Counseling.  I'm taking Human Growth and Development and Intro to Human Services.

Human Growth and Development has been interesting because it's all about how our mind and body work and how they grow.  I already feel like I'm analyzing everything that's going on around me.  Intro to human services has taught me about the history of human services and I've learned some counseling methods and about confidentiality in regards to patients.  I know this is exactly where God wants me to be.  I spend about 5-6 hours a day reading books, writing papers, researching, taking quizzes, writing discussion board posts and contemplating what I've learned.  I hate reading boring things, but this is all so interesting that I don't mind reading about the growth of an infant in the first few years of their lives for about 4 hours.  I don't mind reading about confidentiality laws for 2 hours.  I am so excited to work hard and make a difference when I'm done with college.

More than a month ago, I was here, and now that I'm experiencing it, I know that it's good.  I should graduate in December, but I'm not sure if I want to spread out my classes a bit more, because that's non-stop classes until I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment